How to create a Backup Server Zone in the cloud.net environment?
Cloud.net, all versions
A backup server zone consists of several backup servers that share the same user permissions. Backup server zones can be used for organizing and managing backup servers and creating different tiers of servers for customers. You can also specify limits and prices individually for each backup server zone assigned to the bucket. Backup server zones have types that are inherited by the backup servers in the zone. You may select the type during the backup server zone creation process.
To create a new backup server zone:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu and click the Backup Server Zones icon.
- On the screen that appears, click the Create New Backup Zone button at the bottom of the list.
- On the screen that follows:
- Label - Give your backup server zone a name.
- Server type - select the server type for the zone, it can be either Virtual. The zone's type cannot be changed after the zone is created.
- Location group - select the location group you wish to assign this backup server zone to from the drop-down list.
- Click the Save button.