How can I create and manage users?
Cloud.net, all versions.
Create a new User
To create a new user go to your Control Panel > Admin > Users menu.
On the screen that appears, click the + button.
Complete the form on the screen that appears:
- Login– provide user login name. It can consist of 2-40 characters, letters [A-Za-z], digits [0-9], dash [ - ], lower dash [ _ ], [@]. You can use both lower- and uppercase letters.
- First name - specify user first name. It can consist of any 1-20 characters.
- Last name - specify user last name. It can consist of any 1-20 characters.
- Email– specify user email.
- Time Zone - select the required time zone from the drop-down box.
- Locale- specify user locale settings by selecting the appropriate locale from the drop-down box.
- Password - specify user password and confirm it. The password can consist of 6-40 characters and must meet the password complexity requirements.
- User role - select the user role for this user.
- User group - assign a user to the user group by selecting the required user group from the drop-down box(you may leave it blank).
- Assign a user to the bucket by selecting the required bucket from the drop-down box.
- Specify Auto-suspending options if any. You can configure the system to suspend a user at a definite time or several hours after creation.
Click the Save button to finish.
For a quick view of user account details, go to your Control Panel > Admin > Users menu. You'll see a list of all user accounts in your cloud, along with their details:
- Full name – user's name and surname
- Username – user's screen name
- User role – the role set for the user
- User group – the group to which the user is assigned
- Status – user's status (active , suspended , or deleted )
If you are viewing the users' list on a narrow screen, you can customize the way the table is displayed by clicking the actions icon at the top of the table. In the drop-down list that appears, check the columns you want to be displayed and click Apply. The narrower your screen is, the more unchecked columns will be hidden from the table. If your screen is too narrow to fit all the columns you have checked, a scrollbar will appear at the bottom of the users' list. You can always alter your column selection later.
View User Account Details
To view account details of a particular user:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Users menu.
- On the screen that appears, click the full name of the user to view their account details.
The user details screen that appears shows the following information:
These are the settings that are specified in the user creation process.
- User's avatar (This feature is available if the Use gravatar option is enabled).
- User's name and surname.
- User's email.
- Last access log - click to see information on the IP addresses that logged in to your account directly from the OnApp login page using your login and password, and the time and date of access.
- Drop other sessions - click this button to drop other sessions except the active one, will be dropped
- Login - user's screen name.
- User role – the role set for the user.
- User group – the group to which the user is assigned.
- Time Zone - timezone set for this user.
- Locale - locales set for this user.
- System theme - system theme set for this user.
- Display infoboxes – whether infoboxes are displayed or not for this user.
- Restore infoboxes - click this button to display infoboxes for the user (this option may be disabled depending on the user's permissions).
- Send Password Reminder - click this button to send the password reminder to the user. The user will receive an email with a link for the change password action.
User Whitelist IPs
Whitelist IP addresses are IPs from which a particular user can access the OnApp control panel. If whitelisted IP addresses are specified for a particular user, the user can only access CP from those defined IP addresses.
To add a whitelist IP address:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Users menu.
- Click the name of the required user. You will see the User Profile page.
- Click the Create White List tab.
- On the page that appears, click Create White List IP button.
- Fill in the form that appears:
- IP - an IP you wish to enter to the white list.
- Description - any description (this may be a reason why you entered an IP to the list, etc.)
- Click Save IP.
- Repeat steps 4-6 if you need to add more IPs to the white list.
To edit/delete a whitelisted IP address, click the Actions button next to the required IP address, and then choose the required action.
Log in as User
Administrators can log in as a user to see their view of the cloud. To do so:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Users menu. You'll see a list of all user accounts in your cloud.
- Click Actions next to the user you'd like to log in as and click Login as.
- Your screen will be updated and you will be logged in as the selected user.