How can I install templates into the cloud?
Cloud.net, all versions.
A template is a fully preconfigured operating system environment archive that includes the data needed for a minimum OS installation. It may also include applications and additional OS components and is used to deploy virtual servers in your cloud. The OnApp template library includes over 100 VS templates based on various flavours of Windows and Linux operating systems.
The Control Panel's Templates List menu lists all of the templates available on your system. It shows the template's label, version number, Operating System they install, the number of recipes assigned to the template, the virtualization they support.
To download and install a template:
- Go to the Control Panel > Cloud > Templates menu.
- Click the System Templates tab. The page that loads will list all the templates installed to your cloud.
- Click the Available tab.
- You will see the list of all templates available for installation. You can scroll through the list of templates with the Previous/Next buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Plus button next to a required template to install.
- Select Backup Server where the template will be stored
- Click the Submit button
After you installed a template you need to assign it to the template store, which needs to be added to a corresponding user bucket.
For more detailed information about templates please visit OnApp Cloud Documentation