How to create Data Store Zone in the Cloud.net environment?
Cloud.net, all versions
A data store zone consists of several data stores sharing the same permissions. Data store zones can be used to create different tiers of service. Zones can also be used to create private clouds for specific users. This section contains information on how to create data stores and manage them within the data store zone.
To create a new data store zone:
- Go to your Control Panel > Admin > Settings menu and click the Data Store Zones icon.
- Click the Create Data Store Zone button.
- On the screen that follows:
- Label - give your data store zone a name.
- Server type - choose the server type virtual from the drop-down box.
The zone's type cannot be changed after the zone is created.
- Location group - select the location group you wish to assign this data store zone to from the drop-down list.
- Instance Package VSs - move the slider to the right if you want the zone to be used when creating Instance Package VSs only. If you enable this option, the zone will not be available in the virtual server creation wizard's Resources step for custom VSs (VSs built by setting resources manually).
- Click the Save button.