Cloud.net virtual machines are quite flexible and can be used for many different purposes. We offer a large variety of Linux distributions that you can use to build your virtual machine. Once the machine is built you can customize them to meet your needs whatever they may be.
A Cloud.net virtual machine is an un-managed server, which means our support team will help you with things that we can control. Here is a list of what is and is not supported by Cloud.net
- Virtual Machine Builds: All of our virtual machine templates have been built to work in the Cloud.net environment and are guaranteed to work out of box. If you have problems building a virtual machine from one of our templates let us know and we will be happy to correct any problems.
- Virtual Machine Network: At the time the virtual machine is built we will ensure the network that the virtual machine is connected to is up and running and that the machine is able to connect to the internet.
- Cloud.net Control Panel: We have provided a control panel that you can use for all of your account needs. Any problems with the control panel will be handled quickly by our team.
- Host Environment Monitoring: We will monitor our cloud providers servers to ensure your server has optimal up time and work directly with them if an issue ever arises that needs their attention.
- Software Installation: There is a vast amount of software available to install on a Linux system. A large amount of these can be easily installed using a package installer like yum or aptitude. Due to the variable scope of software installations we will not be able to provide support for this.
- Custom Configurations: As an un-managed service we will not be able to provide assistance in customizing your virtual machine. Any changes made within the virtual machine after build (i.e. kernel updates, network settings, etc) will be your responsibility.
- Phone Support: While we would love to get to know you better and talk over the phone, we feel that your support issues can most efficiently be handled through our ticketing system. Please open a support ticket through the support section of your account portal.
- Programming / Compiler support: If you want to use your virtual machine to write/compile code, that is fine. But once again this is not something we will provide support for.
- Hacked Accounts / Security Breaches: You are responsible for access to your virtual machine and we cannot provide support if your virtual machine is hacked into. Please take appropriate measures to ensure your passwords are secure and that the virtual machine is kept up to date with patches released by vendors of software that you are using.